Synchronizing 100% personality models doesn’t seem easy

Gosh, this looks so complex. On the 1 hand, kudos for Phantasy Star Online 2 Meseta maintaining the original game intact so there won’t be a riot over changes people do not like. However on the other hand, since they are remaking base PSO2 visuals anyway, I wish they would only go 100% and synchronize character models completely. Giving old players some free style items and unlocks would be enough to bribe everyone to accept the new system.

Synchronizing 100% personality models doesn’t seem easy. The dilemma is that the old outfits and layer use are modeled to fit the old pso2 body. That is unlikely to happen. I mean that I would be ready to drop a certain proportion of those makeup to help keep things intact around versions. Provided that there’s a steady feed of cool new things to replace it, I do not mind. I always rotate out my old appearances anyway. Provided that the character models translate 1:1 it will still feel just like mine.

I’d imagine a large complication to that entails a lot of the makeup from the Japanese side of things which were exclusive to collaborations, promotional events, and events that no longer exist. The example I can think of is that the Dragon Hunter Frontier Z collaboration where I can envision the clothing and weapons could unquestionably be provided a visual update alongside everything else but I do not exactly understand how the licensing or the way the lawful side of this cooperation functions where I would wish it had been as simple as Sega going through and updating the resources but I do not know about just how much Capcom is involved in this process.

The same applies to collaborations like the Final Fantasy XIV cooperation with Odin (which still exists as far as I know) where I do not understand how much Square Enix is involved in that for Sega to be able to update assets there. When it was only just Phantasy Star-related things (like character outfits, cameos from other games, or alternative Sega-related properties) I could imagine this probably would have been done, or would be carried out. But from the worldwide version we already don’t have the presence of Cougar NX so I don’t know if there are other complications seeing Sega’s properties which may also contribute not to cheap PSO2 Meseta upgrading everything they can within reason.

Asked on March 8, 2021 in Jarios.
Add Comment
0 Answer(s)

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.